Depression isn’t a one size fits all illness. Depression can take on many forms. There are a number of symptoms but one person’s experience of depression frequently differs from from person to person.
Major Depressive Disorder is a serious medical illness and can greatly impact your daily life. Depression causes loss of interest in once enjoyable activities as well as feelings of loss and sadness. It can lead to a number of physical and emotional problems and can effect a your household and work environment.
Common symptoms can include:
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble concentrating, making decisions
- Loss of energy
- Increased fatigue
- Loss of pleasure or interest in hobbies and activity that you once enjoyed
- Changes in your appetite that lead to weight gain or loss
- Anxiety, fidgety restless activities
These symptoms must last for at least two weeks for a diagnosis of depression.